"The family, as we have traditionally known it, is such a refuge of safety. When true values and basic virtues undergird the families of society, hope will conquer despair, and faith will triumph over doubt". President Thomas S. Monson

Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Martinez Family

While I was down in California my dad had the family over his house for a BBQ. Everyone got to see the new baby Madison and congratulate Alicia on her promotion from Jr. high to high school. I was glad that everyone came, it was so nice to see all my family.
All of usMe with my cousins
The "mini me's" Both our girls look so much like us when we were little. Look Out! Talking politics with my dad can sometimes get ugly. =)
My dad got Alicia a cake to congratulate her on her promotion.
Everyone gathered around and sang " Happy promotion to you" I think she was embarrassed... but still good fun.
Everyone watching the game. It got pretty loud with all the Laker fans in the house. Me.. I converted... I am no longer a Lakers fan... I am now a Jazz fan. =)
Madison was the popular one for the day. Everyone pretty much got their share of her.

All the kids had fun...I took pictures of what things they were doing.. while the adults hung out amongst themselves.

No comments: