"The family, as we have traditionally known it, is such a refuge of safety. When true values and basic virtues undergird the families of society, hope will conquer despair, and faith will triumph over doubt". President Thomas S. Monson

Friday, July 17, 2009

Battle Creek Falls in Pleasant Grove

I took a hike with the scouts up to this waterfall that I didn't even know existed. I couldn't believe how close it was to our house. It was so awesome that I had to take the family to see it. So I took them with my aunt and cousin (who were visiting us that week) two days later. Everyone enjoyed it.
This is at the top before seeing the waterfall. A pretty view of Utah Lake. You can also see this Lake from our house.
On the trail there was a cute little bridge.
This was along the trail as well.
The hike only took about 20 min and was fairly easy. Even Addy was able to do it.
Us at the waterfall
My aunt Joni and cousin Mariah. Dave with the girls Joni and Madison Mariah and Madison
Addy loved to pick up the rocks and throw them in the water.
I love the girlie throw Alicia Briana and Mariah went on the other side of the waterfall.
Joni and Addy
Heading back, this is toward the end of the trail. Addy on Daddy's shoulders. Now off to the pool.

4 comments:

Crystal said...

Your blog looks great. I have not been updating mine. I'm hiking the Timp cave next week and now I'll have to add Cascade Springs to the list!!!

melinda said...

ok.. i think i messed up on the name of this place. I think this hike is called Grove Creek to Battle Creek. We didn't go as far as Battle Creek. The trail continues up.. but we stopped at the waterfalls. When you said Cascade Springs I thought...wait I heard of that and then looked it up.Cascade Springs is located near us.. but is a toatally different place. If you know how to get to Pleasant Grove High School, it's on the same street. It's where the road ends at the top of the hill.

melinda said...

Wow! I didn't know there were so many trails in Utah. I will have to venture and take my family on more of them. =)

melinda said...

ok... i think i have it right this time. It's Battle Creek Falls is what we went to Grove Creek is the trail that goes up past the falls. So yeah, it reads right now on my blog.