"The family, as we have traditionally known it, is such a refuge of safety. When true values and basic virtues undergird the families of society, hope will conquer despair, and faith will triumph over doubt". President Thomas S. Monson

Saturday, May 1, 2010

CTR (Choose The Right) Towel

Just this past April David's niece just turned 8 years old. This was a special year, the time to be baptised and confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I wanted to make her something that she would love and remember on that special day.

So I saw this very cute idea of a baptism towel online. It came with the template, and a cute little poem. The fabric I used I had left over from something else I had made.(good thing her favorite color was pink) =) So I really only needed the towel for this project. Walmart has nice big towels like this for only $4.oo. After finishing I wrapped it with a bow and sent it off to North Carolina. (where she lives) It turned out way cute. I was glad that she loved it and that she used it on her special baptism day. I can't wait to do more of them, and for all my girls when they are baptised.

The Poem reads:

This baptism towel is to remind you

Of your baptism days all the years through.

When you come out of the water all clean and pure,

Dry off with this towel and you can be sure,

That you are as clean as this towel is white

And the Holy Ghost will be with you both day and night.

For the Holy Ghost is your gift after the laying on of hands,

And will be a comfort and a guide if you obey God's commands.

This CTR emblem will help remind you to be strong

As you continue to learn right and wrong.

When your towel becomes soiled, remember that we, too,

May sometimes make mistakes and we've been taught just what to do.

Just as you can wash your towel so it can again be clean,

The wrongs you make can be washed away and never again be seen.

Your Heavenly Father loves you, remember always to pray,

And he will be beside you for forever and a day.

No comments: