"The family, as we have traditionally known it, is such a refuge of safety. When true values and basic virtues undergird the families of society, hope will conquer despair, and faith will triumph over doubt". President Thomas S. Monson

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Boating at Utah Lake

This summer we had the chance to go boating. Thanks to our friends who offered to take us. This was exciting, and something the girls looked forward to doing. I'm not gonna lie, I was thrilled too. I had never been wake boarding before and I always wanted to try it. I probably had one opportunity in my life and I passed it up. I should of gotten out of the boat and into the water. I was missing out. Getting up was the hardest part, but once you get the hang of it, it is a lot of fun. The weather was perfect, and we had a great time. after parking, we jumped in the boat.
I'm way excited
Alicia chilling in front
along with Briana
look Ducks
All three of us in the front tanning our legs. As you can see I am the whitest one.
In the middle of the lake we stopped for a jump and to get use to the water
Briana on the Knee board
Alicia tried it out first.


She was on it for awhile that her arms were starting to hurt. But she loved it. She held on all the way to the boat house.
Check out these huge dragonflies. And this was considered a baby one?
The girls got to go canoeing as well. There first time doing that.
Briana on the left Alicia and the right
This was one of the funnest parts, we were laughing so hard I wanted to pee my pants.

Then Dave and I went together
Dave was actually trying to surf
Then he falls off, look at my face, I'm still laughing. It was so dang funny though.
Trying to get up

Here is my first time trying to hold on to the boom. I guess it's easier to do it this way. I tried using the rope after this and could not hold on. So yeah, I was able to get up at least this way. It sure does works your arms and your legs.
Yay....I'm up!
Here I was getting the hang of it.
Briana's turn, here she is trying to stay up.
She has the hang of it now, but it was still hard for her to hold on. She wanted to let go.
She tried it a few times and then was too tired.


Me and the girls heading back. We had a great time. This is something we would love to do again.

1 comment:

Shambi-Galambi said...

CUTE bathingsuits! And I tried wake boarding once and could hold on long enough to do anything. I would get up then fall on my face
:( But the girls looked like they were loving it. And Dave falling off with you still laughing is priceless.