"The family, as we have traditionally known it, is such a refuge of safety. When true values and basic virtues undergird the families of society, hope will conquer despair, and faith will triumph over doubt". President Thomas S. Monson
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Big Girl
Addy is now my big girl. I started potty training her last week and she has done great. We started with panties (not pull-ups) and she got use to knowing how to hold it pretty fast. I had learned that the pull-ups didn't work since I had the hardest time with Alicia and Briana. It's pretty much like a diaper. The first week was a little trying for her. It was different to her and she loved sitting on her potty, but would cry when having to go. I thought for awhile that she might of had an infection or something and took her to the doctor to make sure that she was ok. Well, she was fine, no infections, thank goodness. I had told the doctor that she has been able to hold it for quit some time, so he said that it might be little bit of nervousness when she's trying to go. Well, she pretty much has gotten past that part now. She comes up to me when she has to go and does this sorta dance. I guess that is her way of letting me know. Sometimes she tells me with words, but we are still working on that. I have only taken her out once without a diaper and she did fine without any accidents. After four days, she was able to hold it while I was out shopping and went in the big potty at the store. Then at church, I put a diaper on her (just to play it safe), when we got home and she had to go, the diaper was dry. I couldn't believe it. I thought for sure that after 3 hours she would have to go, and because she has had a few accidents the last couple of days. I reward her with a sucker, or snack each time, and when the music on her potty plays after she goes, we clap and cheer and she says "I did it." I am so proud of her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment