"The family, as we have traditionally known it, is such a refuge of safety. When true values and basic virtues undergird the families of society, hope will conquer despair, and faith will triumph over doubt". President Thomas S. Monson

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Nursing Covers

This has been a fun project for me. A friend asked me after seeing my nursing covers on facebook if I make them. I told her i didn't and I just made them for a few friends that were having baby's. But when I got thinking more about it.. I thought it would be a good idea. So I asked her if she would like me to make her one. She wanted one for her sister in law that loved this type of scull fabric. I had like 3 to choose from in the store and chose the cutest one. She loved it.
So if you are looking to give a great baby or shower gift.... just let me know and I make one for you. If you are picky about a fabric... just let me know what that fabric is, and I will try my best to get find it and do it for you. I will be selling these for $25 which includes the pocket on the back side, and a burp cloth for wiping mom or baby on the other side. If you don't want these two items. The nursing cover alone is $22. This is a pretty good deal since these now cost around $35 to 45 dollars.

This is the burp cloth for wiping mom and baby. I use a baby wash cloth.
Here is the pocket for putting maybe your nursing pads while nursing. I know mine always got lost. Either they fell between the couch, or on the floor or something. So This could come in handy.
Here is a closer view of the neck strap. It is adjustable and sturdy.

This one is still for sale. It is $22.. It doesn't have the pocket or the cloth.


This is the first one I made for friend's baby shower.
This is the second one I made for a friend.
So spread the word...tell your friends... tell your family. They are great for any new mom, baby shower, or gift for anyone you know having a having a baby.
Also check out my onesies for boys.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

love em'! <3

Unknown said...

These are soooo Cute!!! I might have to get one from you for my sister. She'll have her new one here in a couple of weeks. I'll ask her is she has one. Hope all is going well! We'll have to catch up soon.
Love ya!

melinda said...

oh hey Becky... it's been awhile girl, how are you guys doing? We really need to get together and catch up.
So what is your sister having? I would love to make one for her. Just let me know.
It's so nice to hear from you, hopefully we can get together soon. Lets keep in touch.

Shannan said...

hey girl,
your stuff looks so professional. Good job on these covers. I love them. I am so glad you are my crafting buddy. It is something fun to look forward to, even though we may only get one or two things done in the hours we are together. I guess that is what kids do though. At least they have fun together and love their popcorn. Love ya and I am so glad you cought up on your blog, it's been a while. Yaa, you have such a cute little family.