"The family, as we have traditionally known it, is such a refuge of safety. When true values and basic virtues undergird the families of society, hope will conquer despair, and faith will triumph over doubt". President Thomas S. Monson

Friday, January 22, 2010

Repurposed Dress for Madison

I did this awhile ago... Sorry but I am kinda behind in posting.
A friend of mine gave me a few shirts she got from a yard sale. She wasn't going to use them since she doesn't have girls so she gave them to me knowing I would probably like to convert them into dresses for my girls. It was a little challenging since I had to cut the shirt in different pieces then sew it back together to fit little Madison. But it came out so cute. I can't wait to do more.
Doesn't she look cute?
Here is what the shirt looked like before. It is a size 10 girls size.And this is what is looks like after. I made the arms longer since I had the left over fabric to work with.I like the way they turned out.

I have more dresses I am going to do... but just got caught up working on different things. Right now it's hair bows. Pretty soon I will post some pics of those too.

3 comments:

Free Pretty Things For You said...

omg yes!! she looks more than cute.. adorable!

Crystal said...

I love it. Great work!

Brandy said...

Hi Melinda! Thank you for the comment on my blog! Yes, I do follow a pattern for most of the dresses I make for my little gal, but here are a couple of tutorials that I have used as well. Take care! Girls are so much fun!

http://candacetodd.blogspot.com/2009/08/ruffle-sleeve-top-tutorial.html


http://www.musicalsmiths.com/blog/2010/03/24/getting-crafty/