"The family, as we have traditionally known it, is such a refuge of safety. When true values and basic virtues undergird the families of society, hope will conquer despair, and faith will triumph over doubt". President Thomas S. Monson

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Sewing with the girls

We had a Young Women and Relief Society combined Activity for the week the girls were here. I was so excited for this event and couldn't wait. At the Activity we enjoyed a nice dinner, dessert and a lesson on Safety Awareness.... then we all picked a station, weather it was sewing knitting or crocheting. The girls and I picked the sewing station, as most of the Young Women did, and all the moms were helping there daughters to make skirts. All of the girls brought their own fabric, and the church provided the waist bands. They have always wanted to learn how to sew. And just recently I have taken up sewing as a fun hobby and have loved it. So to share in this with my daughters was awesome for me. I am so glad that I was able to teach them some things about sewing, and for them to enjoy it.
Here is Alicia sewing the hem on the bottom of her skirt. We had to finish them at home. I wish I would have remembered to take more pictures.

This is a picture of Briana's Skirt. Both girls picked out their own fabric.

No comments: